Owners Scott and Aaron Miller (the oldest and youngest siblings of four in the Miller Family) grew up in New Richmond. After serving in the Air Force in Alaska, Scott attended technical school to be an automotive technician. Scott spent several years as a Master Technician at a local GM dealership before accepting a position as the shop manager at local used car lot.
After high school, Aaron went to UW-River Falls and graduated with a degree in Accounting. Aaron was hired by McGladrey & Pullen as a public accountant in the Twin Cities. Aaron became a CPA and traveled around the country auditing banks and credit unions.
During this time, Scott and Aaron spent their free time building and racing a 480 horsepower Jeep CJ5 named BLEW MONEY in the Central Mudracing Association. One night while they were working on BLEW MONEY, Scott mentioned to Aaron that his boss asked if he wanted to take over the shop at the used car lot. Aaron said, “Let’s do it!” So Aaron quit his job and the two brothers started Miller Brothers Auto Repair in a 3 bay shop in the back of a used car lot in Somerset on January 2, 2001.
By 2005, Scott and Aaron had outgrown the 3 bay shop and built a new 5 bay shop on the other side of Somerset where they currently reside.
Our current team consists of Aaron & Scott, Ian – Service Manager, Tom – Master Technician, Jarred – Master Technician, and Aaron’s Son – Jacob – – our Parts Manager who is in charge of making sure vehicle are clean and ready for our customers. Aaron runs the business side of the shop, Scott is the lead technician. And we have hired Gabi as a Service Advisor to help Ian at the front counter.
- Aaron: Accredited Automotive Manager
- Ian: ASE Certified Service Advisor
- Scott: ASE Certified Master L1 Technician
- Tom: ASE Certified Master Technician
- Jarred: ASE Certified Master Technician
What Makes Us Unique?
Scott Miller was named the Gates Corporation’s ASE Master Technician of the Year in 2015 for getting the top score in the nation on the ASE L1 recertification test as well as having the highest average score in the nation on the other 8 recertification tests. Scott is one of the brightest ASE Certified automotive technicians in the Midwest.
- Three of our technicians are ASE Certified Master Technicians
- We offer very nice, free rental cars including several Lexus’ (with heated & cooled leather seats) for our customers to use while their vehicles are in for service.
- We keep a very clean office and customer waiting area (with complimentary drinks and WiFi) that feels more like a living room than a repair shop.
- Digital vehicle inspections
- We continually invest in the latest technology and equipment required to properly service today’s vehicles.
- We are willing to go to great lengths (including driving several hours to procure the hard-to-get parts) to ensure that vehicles are completed by the promised time.
When a customer contacts us regarding a vehicle problem, initially they are greeted with a positive, upbeat attitude which carries through the entire process. We take the time to listen to their concerns.
We will ask them questions specific to when the problems are most likely to occur so that our technicians can duplicate the vehicle issues in order to properly identify the root of the problem.
Once the problem is identified by our trained technicians, an estimate of repairs is prepared and the customer is promptly contacted to discuss the findings and offer the solutions to get the vehicle safely back on the road.
In addition, every vehicle that comes into our shop gets a complimentary safety inspection to make sure the vehicle is fit for the road. Our job is to keep our customers informed of all their vehicle needs as well as upcoming maintenance needs without the surprises of inconvenient vehicle breakdowns.
During the technician’s inspection process, we utilize digital vehicle inspection software which allows us to easily share photos and videos of the vehicle’s condition with our customers. They can view the inspections on their smartphones or on their computer at work or home. The inspections are easily shared with a spouse or other family member on a secure website in order to efficiently make decisions regarding the vehicle needs.
We want our customers to be completely satisfied with their experience at our shop and leave with peace of mind that their vehicle will be safe and reliable for many miles to come.
Loving the Community
- We sponsor many youth sports teams throughout the year.
- We frequently provide financial assistance to the local food shelf.
- Pea Soup Days annual sponsor
- Apple River Cruisers Car Show sponsor
- We have donated vehicles to people in need